When you’re looking for a different way to exercise at home or the gym, consider the classic fan bike – which has now been refined for even better workouts. The Schwinn Airdyne Pro and the Octane Fitness AirdyneX are great options to help you get fit and stay fit. You can use them for cardio sessions, circuit workouts, interval training, warm-ups and cooldowns. They are compact and fit virtually anywhere, don’t need to be plugged in, are ultra-durable for a lifetime of performance and are a great value compared to treadmills and cross trainers. Plus the countless other benefits of a fan bike!
Whether you’re rehabbing an injury, a beginner, endurance athlete, or somewhere in between, these bikes provide accommodating challenge for everything from leisurely rides to all-out, high-intensity sprints. Don’t miss out on efficient, effective sweat sessions by automatically dismissing the iconic fan bike just because it may seem too basic. Be sure to familiarize yourself with the multiple benefits of a fan bike.
Benefits of a Fan Bike
- Low-impact – If you do a lot of high-impact work in HIIT sessions, your body definitely can benefit from less pounding periodically. And low-impact doesn’t necessarily mean low intensity, as these bikes feature unlimited wind resistance – so the faster you pedal, the greater the intensity.
- Total-body – Why just work your legs on most stationary bikes, treadmills and stairclimbers? With the Airdyne Pro and AirdyneX, your entire upper body is engaged, which means greater muscle use, caloric expenditure and conditioning.
- Infinite intensity – No need to push a bunch of buttons or be limited to a preset resistance level – with these fan bikes, you are the motor here. Pedal faster for greater resistance or slower for less resistance. And change your pace at any time during workouts, with smooth transitions, thanks to a unique inertia drive. That makes it simple to enjoy steady-state cardio or blast through intervals.
- HIIT workouts – Take on the 20/10 Tabata-style interval regimen, the 30/90 routine or create your own custom interval session to ramp up calorie-blasting, stamina-building and metabolism-boosting benefits.
- Custom comfort – The oversized, cushioned saddle has multiple fore/aft and height adjustments for a perfect fit, along with biomechanically correct positioning for maximum muscle engagement on each pedal stroke. On the Airdyne Pro and AirdyneX, a universal rail and clamp system lets you remove the seat use your own if you prefer.
- Upper-body isolation – With these fan bikes, you can periodically isolate the upper body by placing your feet on the stationary foot pegs and driving your energy into the MultiGrip handlebars, which provide horizontal and vertical hand positions to target different muscles.
- No energy wasted – When you are working so hard, it’s good to know that the 26-blade performance fan, along with a responsive, single-stage belt drive, uses all your power directly to generate resistance. That means more effective, efficient workouts. Some bikes with two-power chain drive transfer systems waste power in the transfer process.
- Workout variety – Challenge yourself with time target, calorie target and miles target workouts, which are a great way to establish a baseline and then measure progress over time.
- Addictive feedback – We dare you not to look at the tachometer on the display, which shows the average calorie burn per minute. This simple tool is remarkable at compelling exercisers to bury the needle for better motivation and results.
- Simple durability – With no motor and minimum moving parts, fan bikes are built to withstand years of punishing sessions. The Airdyne Pro and AirdyneX feature moisture-repellent, double-coated steel body construction and four contact stability levelers for adjustable support. And a no-frills console is easy to use and less likely to malfunction.
Learn more about the fan bikes offered by Octane Fitness below!